The 2022-2023 NHL season is officially underway as the New York Rangers topped the reigning Eastern Conference champions, Tampa Bay, 4-3 and the Vegas Golden Knights defeated the LA Kings, 4-3 last night.
Tonight we have more appetizing matchups that feature one of the best rivalries in the sport and the defending Stanley Cup champs back on their home ice to try to repeat their effort.
While watching this action-packed slate, new users on BetMGM Sportsbook can take advantage of its’ Risk-Free Bet up to $1,000.
Use our promo code HANDLETOP to secure this offer! Below, we will review the ins and outs of this welcome offer and preview some of tonight’s lineup.
$1K BetMGM Risk-Free Bet
Today is your lucky day if you have not signed up for a sportsbook account on BetMGM yet. You can cash in on one of the more lucrative welcome bonuses in the industry.
BetMGM Bonus Code Information
BetMGM Bonus Code HANDLETOP
BetMGM Bonus Offer $1K Risk-Free Bet
BetMGM Bonus T&C New bettors, 21+ only. Available in AZ, CO, IA, IN, IL, KS, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY
Joining the leading U.S. mobile sportsbook is a seamless process. To claim your big-time bonus with BetMGM Sportsbook, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Use this link to sign up for an account on BetMGM Sportsbook
- Click on the state you will be betting in, and use our exclusive BetMGM promo code HANDLETOP while signing up.
- It doesn’t matter if you use the mobile app or the MGM sports betting website – as long as you use our BetMGM bonus code.
- Make your first deposit of at least $10
- Once your information is approved, place your initial bet on any Wednesday Night NHL market and bet type up to $1,000
That’s all you need to do! It’s that easy – but wait! Before registering for an account on BetMGM, please take note of these crucial details regarding your initial risk-free bet.
- Think of risk-free bets as a form of first-bet insurance. If your first bet comes up short (it happens!), BetMGM will match your initial stake with free bets up to $1,000
- Your free bets should land in your BetMGM sportsbook account within 24 hours of your initial bet’s settlement.
- When you wager with free bets, you can only win on your potential winnings. For example, if you were to bet on a market that has +100 odds using a $100 free bet, you would be in line to win $100. If you made the same wager with real cash, you would be in line to win $200 – $100 in your stake plus your $100 in winnings.
- At BetMGM Sportsbook, free bets expire from players’ accounts seven days after issuance. So, be sure to use them before you lose them!
New users at BetMGM Sportsbook must be located in one of the following states to take advantage of their No Sweat First Bet offer:
- Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming
Bruins at Capitals
- Date: Wednesday, October 12
- Start Time: 7:30 pm ET
- TV Channel: TNT
- Location: Capital One Arena, Washington, D.C.
- Participants: Boston Bruins vs. Washington Capitals
- BetMGM Sportsbook Odds: WSH (-145), O/U 6
The Bruins and Capitals will start their 2022 seasons in the nation’s capital tonight at 7:30 pm ET.
Because of each franchise’s previous success as a consistent Stanley Cup contender for the last decade-plus, the Bruins/Capitals rivalry has morphed into one of the sport’s best.
Each team seems to be on the back nine of their championship window. But each year, these teams have proven to be a tough out come playoff time.
The Capitals will be short-handed in this one – Nicklas Backstrom, Carl Hagelin, Tom Wilson, and potentially TJ Oshie will miss tonight’s game. As integral as those players are for the Capitals, the Bruins have arguably even more critical players out. Brad Marchand, Charlie McAvoy, Matt Grzelcyk and maybe even Taylor Hall will miss tonight’s opener.
The Capitals will be breaking out a new starting goaltender, 2022 Stanley Cup champion Darcy Kuemper.
The Bruins will start a new era tonight with new head coach Jim Montgomery. Montgomery was a head coach on the Dallas Stars for three seasons and comes from St. Louis, where he was an assistant for the past two seasons.
If you like the Bruins’ odds to pull off the upset, you can wager them at +120 odds on the moneyline with BetMGM sportsbook.
In addition, at BetMGM, you can bet on several markets. Despite the number of injuries, there are still a handful of stars in tonight’s game, including future Hall-of-Famer Alex Ovechkin, David Pastrnak, and Patrice Bergeron. Ovie has the highest odds to score in tonight’s contest at even odds (+100).
Blackhawks at Avalanche
- Date: Wednesday, October 12
- Start Time: 9:30 pm ET
- TV Channel: TNT
- Location: Ball Arena, Denver, Colorado
- Participants: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Colorado Avalanche
- BetMGM Sportsbook Odds: COL (-400), O/U 6.5
The Avalanche will hold their banner-raising ceremony before the 9:30 pm ET puck drop.
The reign to defend their title starts tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks. The Blackhawks had an eventful and busy offseason, spent retooling an aging and disappointing 2021 roster. Chicago still sports a core led by legends Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews, but they shipped off Alex DeBrincat and Kirby Dach in a series of surprising moves.
The Blackhawks are +310 on the moneyline through BetMGM Sportsbook, a genuinely crazy number for any NHL regular season game, but make no mistake – the Avalanche are loaded once again.
Even though they lost Nazem Kadri this offseason, the Avalanche have plenty of firepower led by Nathan MacKinnon, Gabriel Landeskog, Mikko Rantanen and star d-man Cale Makar.
Heading into tonight, the Avalanche are the favorite once again to hoist Lord Stanley’s Cup at +425 odds.
Wager Risk-Free Up to $1K on Any Sport This Week
No worries if you don’t feel great about using your welcome offer on this NHL slate! You’re covered as long as you use BetMGM bonus code HANDLETOP.
You are free to use your Risk-Free Bet on any sport or event for this upcoming week:
- MLB Playoffs
- NFL Thursday Night Football
- NBA Regular Season, October 18