|BetMGM World Cup Exclusive Offer|
|BetMGM Bonus Code||HANDLEWC|
|BetMGM Bonus Offer||Bet $10, Win $200 if any team scores a goal|
|BetMGM Bonus T&C||New bettors, 21+ only. Available in AZ, CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, NJ, TN, VA, WV, & WY.|
The Group Stage at the 2022 World Cup is officially coming to a close this afternoon, but not until eight teams out of Group G and Group H take the pitch and sort out who is moving on to the Round of 16.
As the excitement continues to build ahead of today’s matches, new users can sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using the bonus code HANDLEWC to take advantage of an exclusive Bet $10, Win $200 World Cup welcome bonus. That’s right – simply wager $10+ on any team competing this afternoon and automatically take home $200 in free bets if any team scores a goal.
BetMGM Bonus Code: HANDLEWC – Bet $10, Win $200
This offer may seem too good to be true, but trust us when we tell you it is the real deal. As long as you are a first-time user at BetMGM Sportsbook, over the age of 21, and presently located in a BetMGM state at the time of wagering, then this offer is the one for you.
New players can claim their Bet $10, Get $200 bonus by doing the following:
- Create your brand new BetMGM Sportsbook account using the bonus code HANDLEWC.
- Load your account with an initial deposit of $10 or more.
- Place a $10+ moneyline wager on any of the eight teams in play at the World Cup this afternoon: South Korea, Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, Cameroon, Brazil, Serbia, or Switzerland!
Regardless of who wins your bet, you’ll be taking home $200 in free bets as long as someone scores a goal this afternoon!
Free bets will be credited within 24 hours of your initial wager’s settlement and will appear in your account in four separate increments worth $50 apiece. If any of those free bets are flipped into a winner, the winnings from the bet are yours to keep but the stake of the free bet will remain with BetMGM.
Once received, you’ll have 7 days to make use of those free bets before they expire.
Group H Advancement Scenarios
Group H at the 2022 World Cup will wrap up its Group Stage play this morning at 10:00am ET with two intriguing matchups with plenty of implications. South Korea will take on Portugal on FOX, while Ghana vs Uruguay will simultaneously air on FS1.
South Korea vs Portugal
Getting us started on FOX will be none other than Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal taking on scrappy South Korea, who has yet to secure a win at the tournament. This match is essentially meaningless for Portugal, as they’ve already punched their ticket to the Round of 16 after defeating both Ghana and Uruguay. Portugal will look to play spoiler against its own former player as Paulo Bento hopes to lead his squad into the knockout round.
In order to get there, here is what South Korea needs to do:
- Win the match. If South Korea draws or loses, they are eliminated.
- Hope for a Uruguay win or draw. If Ghana defeats Uruguay, South Korea is automatically eliminated.
- If Uruguay-Ghana ends in a draw, South Korea needs to defeat Portugal by 2+ goals.
Although they are virtually locked in atop of Group H, Portugal can solidify its place as the group’s winner by doing the following this morning:
- Win or draw vs South Korea. If Portugal picks up at least one point, they take Group H.
- Hope for a Ghana loss or draw. A Ghana win and Portugal loss opens up the only possibility of Portugal squandering the group’s top spot.
Ghana vs Uruguay
Airing on FS1 will be another incredibly juicy matchup between Ghana and Uruguay. Uruguay is currently dead last in the group with just one point to its name, but can reverse its fortunes rather quickly with a win this morning. The stakes are insanely high in this one, as the outright winner will advance to the knockout stage.
Here’s what needs to happen for Ghana to get through:
- Win the match. If Ghana defeats Uruguay, they are automatically in. If Ghana wins and Portugal loses, they can also win Group H.
- Draw against Uruguay. As long as South Korea draws or loses to Portugal, Ghana can advance with a draw of their own. Ghana can still advance with a draw if South Korea pulls the upset, but it would come down to tiebreakers.
Similarly, Uruguay has its work cut out if it wants to live to see another week in the competition:
- Win the match. As long as South Korea does not upset Portugal, Uruguay is through with a win. If South Korea does pull the upset, tiebreakers would determine who advances.
Group G Advancement Scenarios
Group G will begin its final round of Group Stage action at 2:00pm ET this afternoon with Cameroon battling Brazil on FOX, and Serbia taking on Switzerland on FS1. Although Brazil has already clinched one of the group’s two spots in the knockout round, the final spot is very much up for grabs between the remaining three.
Cameroon vs Brazil
As briefly mentioned above, the odds-on favorite to win the 2022 World Cup (+225 at BetMGM) has already secured its spot in the Round of 16. With Brazil already moving on, Cameroon will look to pull off a monumental upset (+800) and join them in the knockout stage.
Here’s what needs to happen for Cameroon to move on:
- Win the match. If Cameroon draws or loses, they are automatically eliminated.
- Hope Serbia wins. If Switzerland wins, Cameroon is automatically eliminated.
- If Serbia-Switzerland ends in a draw, Cameroon will need to defeat Brazil by 2+ goals.
Brazil will also be playing for something despite already advancing. In order to win Group G, Brazil must:
- Win or draw against Cameroon. At least one point gets the job done.
- Hope for a Switzerland draw or loss. If Brazil happens to lose to Cameroon, they can still win the group if Switzerland does not win their match. Even if Switzerland does win and Brazil loses, tiebreakers would determine who is the winner and who is the runner-up.
Serbia vs Switzerland
This matchup could be the most intense of them all, as both sides could use three points in a major way and will be gunning for the win the moment that ball is kicked off. Switzerland currently sits behind Brazil on the Group G table with three points to its name, while Serbia resides next to Cameroon at the bottom with just one.
Regardless of the current standings, Serbia can flip the script this afternoon by doing the following:
- Win the match. If Serbia draws or loses, they are automatically eliminated.
- Hope Cameroon draws or loses against Brazil. If Cameroon happens to win, tiebreakers will decide who advances between them and Serbia.
Switzerland might have a few more avenues to advance, but can control its own destiny by picking up a win:
- Win the match. Switzerland not only advances with a win, but can still win Group G as well if Brazil happens to lose against Cameroon.
- Draw vs Serbia. If Cameroon draws or loses against Brazil, the Swiss can get into the Round of 16 with a draw this afternoon. If Switzerland draws and Cameroon wins, tiebreakers would come into play.