Borgata Sportsbook Promo Code & Review 2021
The Borgata online sportsbook, appropriately named Borgata Sports and currently only available in New Jersey, launched in May 2019. Since then, it’s continued to make strides within the legal sports betting sector. Even though the Borgata brand is better known for its work with casino games and even poker, it’s safe to say that, so far, the sportsbook has been a success.
For those of you familiar with the BetMGM Sportsbook, which is becoming more available as legal sports betting grows across the nation, you may notice that Borgata Sports looks very familiar. In fact, it’s pretty much identical, aside from the branding. This is because Borgata licenses the MGM brand.
You might be asking yourself if this is an issue. Well, we know that the MGM product is, on the whole, excellent, so the Borgata Sports product is along the same lines. However, having two products that are near identical limits diversity within the industry.
In which states is Borgata online sportsbook available?
The Borgata Sportsbook brand is, at this time, currently limited to the state of New Jersey.
Borgata Sportsbook welcome bonus offer
At Borgata Sports, you will get $100 for free when you bet $20 when you sign up using any of the links or codes on this page. If you are on a desktop, you might not see the offer, but by clicking through any of our links, the offer will be applied.
|Borgata Sportsbook Bonus Details|
|Welcome Bonus||Bet $20 Get $100 Free|
|Bonus Valid||October 2021|
How it works
The Borgata welcome offer is one that offers new bettors $100 for free when they bet $20. To activate this, all you need to do is register your account and then simply place your first bet of $20. After you place the first bet, you will receive $100 in free bets.
The promotion is only eligible on wagers not favored by more than -200, so keep this in mind when placing the first bet. The $100 in free bets that are received will be granted in 10 wagers of $10 each.
Advantages of betting at Borgata Sports
The Borgata online sportsbook has a lot of good things going for it, but here are a few of what we think are its best features:
- Odds boosts: You could argue that odds boosts are what make signing up to Borgata Sports worth it alone. Odds boosts are offered for a wide range of sports, and the boosts that you see are often highly lucrative. You can expect to see an increase of anywhere between 5-30% for some markets. More often than not, these odds boosts make the prices the best in the industry.
- Promotions: We’ve mentioned the Borgata Sports welcome offer, and we will mention a wider range in the next section, but in terms of promotional packages, few are better than what Borgata Sports offers right now.
- Clean design: The GVC platform that has been provided for Borgata Sports is one of the cleanest sportsbook designs on the market. It’s a no-fuss kind of sportsbook and is one for the purists.
- Pricing: There are parts of the pricing section that are inconsistent at best, but there are others that are industry-leading, and those are certainly advantageous to those bettors wagering with Borgata Sports. NFL and soccer are two that we think are some of the best you can find.
Special promos and offers
Let’s dive a little deeper into what you can expect from Borgata Sports’ promotions. The first thing to note is that the offers are often changing. The sportsbook does this to keep the site fresh and this is one of the main reasons why the offers are often very enticing.
A couple of standout offers for sports bettors are “Parlay Insurance” and the “Play and Earn” on NBA games. Parlay Insurance is pretty straight forward, in that you get your money back for parlays that lose by just one selection, worth up to $25.
The NBA Play and Earn offer means that you can claim up to $100 in free bets every week. It’s based on the amount you wager throughout the week, with $25 getting $5 in free bets, and then it works up to $100 when you wager $500 or more.
“Bet and Get” is another offer that we’ve seen from Borgata Sports. With this offer, the sportsbook will give you $10 in bonus money for every $10 futures bet that you place.
It’s also important to remember that Borgata Sports is tied into the operators casino and poker products across the same platform, so a user can get access to casino and poker room promos within the same account. This whole package is why we rate it as one of the best.
Borgata loyalty program
There is no dedicated loyalty program at this time, but the sportsbook does include several offers that reward players for consistent play. The play and earn offer is one example of this and different types of offers can be given throughout the year.
How to register an account with Borgata Sports
Registering an account with Borgata Sports is a simple process that takes just a couple of minutes to complete.
Before we dive into the process, we wanted to make you aware that you may need to verify your account before you can claim certain offers, and sometimes before you can make a withdrawal. You need to do this via the account section once you are logged in. You will need a government-issued I.D. and possibly some sort of proof of address as well. Our advice would be to get this out of the way as soon as you sign up, because then it’s done.
The process to sign up is one that is very quick. It starts by asking your full name, email address, and date of birth. You then need to enter your user I.D., password, and the last four digits of your social security number (SSN).
You need to provide your SSN to verify your age (bettors must be 21 or over) and your location (bettors must be physically within New Jersey to place a bet but can register anywhere in the U.S.).
You will then need to confirm your address, and from here, make your first deposit. Following this, the process is complete, and as we mentioned, it takes just a couple of minutes to work through.
Available software platforms
GVC provides the platform for Borgata’s online sportsbook. It’s a platform that may be quite familiar to some, given that it’s almost identical to other brands that also use GVC, such as BetMGM.
The ethos behind the desktop site is to keep things clean with a distinct lack of fuss. It’s not littered with advertisements and pop-ups. Users can quickly jump to different sports and markets in an efficient manner.
The home page includes three pillars, with the left being the menu, the middle including the markets, and the right having a user’s bet slip. The layout is tried and tested and one that functions very well for Borgata.
Two functionality features jumped out. The first was the search bar that allows you to navigate to certain bets or games quickly. The second is the favorites tab that allows you to highlight games you want to bet on and pin them to your dedicated favorites page.
You can download the Borgata Sports app on both iOS and Android devices. For iOS users, simply jump onto the App Store and search for Borgata Sports. You can download directly to your phone from there.
Android users need to access the Borgata Sports website on their mobile device and then download the .APK file. For those that are unfamiliar with this, it is basically like downloading a program to your computer, and you just follow the steps to get set up.
The app has a similar level of simplicity about it compared to the website, and it’s one of the best that we’ve tested. It is lightning fast when moving between markets, and the inclusion of a lower-level menu is one that is great for functionality.
Cashiering with Borgata Sports
Banking with Borgata Sports allows you to access a strong range of banking methods. We must admit, it’s one of the best ranges in the industry right now, coupled with the fact that both deposits and withdrawals start from just $10, further adding praise to this section of the sportsbook.
Here is a look at the banking methods:
- AMEX: One of the few sportsbooks to offer this method, although it does not support withdrawals.
- Borgata cage: You can access the casino cage at the Borgata to both deposit and withdraw money from your account. You will need I.D., and you will need to log into your account to request a withdrawal. Withdrawal requests take up to 15 minutes to process.
- Borgata PlayPlus: This card allows players to hook up their credit or debit card and deposit money in and out of their card. You can use the card to both deposit and withdraw, and you can use it as a cash card at locations that accept Discover.
- Online banking: You can deposit funds from certain banks using online banking. Withdrawals are not accepted with this method.
- PayNearMe: Bank in any of 27,000 stores nationwide, including 7-Eleven’s. Just take your cash to the counter, generate a pay code within the app, and then present your code to the cashier who will transfer the money across.
- Credit/debit cards (Mastercard and Visa): With both methods, you can deposit funds, but neither allows you to withdraw.
- PayPal: With PayPal, you are only allowed to fund your account with a player balance and not the use of a card or bank linked to the card. You can also withdraw money back to your PayPal balance, and there are no fees to pay.
- Skrill: The only e-wallet that will allow you to both deposit and withdraw.
Betting lines at Borgata
The first thing that we want to note here is that betting lines for Borgata Sports are the same as other GVC platforms, such as BetMGM. In fact, betting markets and betting types are all exactly the same, so if there is crossover here, you know why.
The betting lines at the Borgata Sports sportsbook can be a little erratic. We’ve been tracking a wide range of bets from a wide range of sports, and the overwhelming feeling has been that the sportsbook struggles in certain areas but thrives in others.
Two areas it is particularly strong in is that of NBA betting and soccer. We found that it was the best price with these sports for both moneyline and spread bets more often than any other sports. After doing a little further research into why this might be, we noticed that its betting margins were super low, around 3-3.5%.
Outside of these two sports, the pricing at Borgata Sports can be less advantageous than other sportsbooks. As always, we recommend line shopping. That means if you’re often betting elsewhere, be sure to check out Borgata Sports to see if the prices are better. Likewise, don’t be shy to look elsewhere.
Betting markets stack up against the industry average. It’s not just the GVC platform that seems to have the magic number of 15 sports to bet on, as most of them do, but this is what you can access here.
It is a good range overall, though, and while it might be a little uninspiring, the markets that most are looking for are there. You have the major U.S. sports, such as football, baseball, basketball, and hockey all covered really well. Each of these has a good collegiate section as well, although wagers tend to drop off quite considerably.
The lack of exotics or anything that another sportsbook is not offering is something that we would like the GVC platform to improve.
You get a wide range of bet types to take advantage of here, and we liked that it was a little more adventurous than most with their props section. The base of moneylines and point spreads are on offer for most sports. It offers a good range of lines as well, which is great.
Their football bets are some of the strongest, and we liked that it includes props that are both team and players focused.
On top of this, Borgata has an excellent range of teasers and futures, although this is an area that could be expanded to college sports as well.
Borgata’s land-based sportsbook
The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa has offered sports betting since 2018. The set-up is one of the biggest and most futuristic of its kind, with a range of TVs and betting terminals situated throughout the sports suite, named “Moneyline.”
Even though sports are now a big part of the casino, the site is still able to boast over 161,000 square feet. Within that, it includes a comedy club, poker room, and plenty of restaurants.
- In which states is Borgata online sportsbook available?
- Borgata Sportsbook welcome bonus offer
- Advantages of betting at Borgata Sports
- Special promos and offers
- Borgata loyalty program
- How to register an account with Borgata Sports
- Available software platforms
- Cashiering with Borgata Sports
- Betting lines at Borgata
- Betting markets
- Bet types
- Borgata’s land-based sportsbook