Circa Sportsbook is a growing brand that is quickly spreading to a number of U.S. states, while boasting some pretty impressive features. Aggressive betting limits, a slick interface, and competitive odds make this bookmaker a force to be reckoned with in an increasing number of U.S. markets.
During summer 2020 Circa not only launched its mobile app in Colorado, but also opened their primary retail sportsbook location in Las Vegas. Folks visiting Nevada will also have access to the Circa Sports app, so there are numerous ways to bet on your preferred sports (with more on the way).
Our reviewers have taken the Circa Sports platform for a spin, and to be honest, it’s a bit too early to tell. The positives are numerous, while the negatives can mostly be chalked up to the fact that they are still getting their footing in the online sports betting market. We’ll get into the details below.
In which states is the Circa online sportsbook available?
Circa Sportsbook is currently available in two states. Interestingly, the Colorado version of Circa sportsbook online isn’t tied to a physical casino location, and instead partners with a local casino company to operate under a CO Master License. In Las Vegas, Circa is tied directly to three onsite gambling locations, including the Circa Sportsbook Resort & Casino, which boasts the largest retail sportsbook in the world at over 1,000 seats.
|Circa Sportsbook Available States||Casino Partner||Launch Date|
|Nevada||Circa Resort & Casino||2019|
|Colorado||Century Casinos, Inc.||July 1, 2020|
Key differences between state markets for Circa Sportsbook
On the user experience side there aren’t many differences with Circa Sportsbook from state to state. However, there are a few things to keep in mind in the book’s current areas of operation:
- In Nevada, users of any online sportsbook are required to register with said sportsbook by visiting a physical casino location with a valid ID. Locations include Circa Resort & Casino, The D Hotel & Casino, and Golden Gate Hotel & Casino.
- Users in Nevada will not have access to a browser version of the Circa Sportsbook. All wagering is done through the Circa Sports App.
- Circa Sportsbook in Colorado is not partnered with a physical (or retail) sportsbook location in the state, and instead uses the Master License of a Colorado-based casino operator that owns several properties in the state. Therefore, users in Colorado will not be able to deposit from a physical casino location.
- Rules-wise, Colorado doesn’t permit props on college sports.
Circa Sportsbook Bonus Package
Things are changing in the U.S. with regards to legalized online gambling, and startups all over the country are targeting the expanding sports betting market. Circa is one such operator. Now that Circa is gaining a foothold in regulated markets, we imagine there will soon be a bonus package or some kind of welcome offer to attract new customers. However, the site has yet to unveil a welcome package.
Circa Online Sportsbook Basics
If you’re new to the world of real money online gambling, there are a few things you will need to keep in mind. As it should be, real money gambling is pretty heavily monitored and regulated in the U.S. While that adds to the overall security of online sports betting with Circa, that will mean a few extra steps for the user.
If you’d like to download, register for a new Circa account, or check your account balance, you can do so from anywhere. However, once money comes into play and you are placing a wager, you must be physically located within a state where your app is licensed to operate. All apps and online betting services are branded to a specific state: for example, if you’ve downloaded the Circa Sportsbook Online app that’s branded for Colorado, you must be within Colorado to wager.
- Mobile users will need to enable location services on the Circa sportsbook app in order to prove their location.
- Desktop users will need to share their location with Circa through their web browser and the use of a geolocation plugin. It’s an easy download and is necessary to relay your precise location to the sportsbook.
Users of Circa sportsbook must be 21 or older to create an account. In Nevada, your age is proven by physically bringing your unexpired government ID to one of the three Circa Sportsbook locations in Las Vegas and registering in-person. In other states you’ll have to provide your personal details and the last four digits of your SSN for identity verification.
Once registered and geolocated, users of the Circa sportsbook will have access to an assortment of bets and some of the most competitive odds on the market (more on both later).
Upon taking a look at the available bets, features, and odds, it’s safe to report that Circa sports is a very competitive service. Again and again Circa reported some of the best odds and pricing in the business. That may largely be down to the fact that these odds are all set in-house by Circa’s own bookmakers rather than an outside service.
Also, Circa has some of the highest betting limits in the game. The one caveat to Circa’s ability to draw in new customers is the lack of any specific promotions like risk-free bets or welcome bonuses, something we expect to see change in the near future.
Circa Online Sportsbook mobile app
- Availability: The Circa Sports mobile app is available for both iOS and Android. Android users will have to download the APK from the Circa Sports website on their mobile device and enable the installation. iOS users will be able to download the Circa app directly from the App Store.
- Speed/Stability: While the speed of the Circa sports app will be heavily dependent on your internet connection or data package, Circa does a relatively good job of loading data in a streamlined and intuitive way so as to not bog down your device’s processor. Additionally, users and reviewers alike have reported that none of their bets were lost, and if there was a connectivity issue, the bet would be cancelled and refunded. Still, we did lose connectivity a few times when using Circa, even though other devices were having no trouble connecting.
- Appearance: As far as mobile apps go, the Circa online sportsbook stands out with a sleek yet simplistic design. The color scheme differs from state to state, but all of these are calming to the eye and don’t lead to much strain. Some other apps decorate themselves like the Sunset Strip with exhaustingly flashy graphics, but the Circa app won’t burn out your retinas after 20 minutes of play.
- Layout and Navigation: Circa online sportsbook is a relatively well-organized app that uses space in an accessible way. Buttons and tabs are properly sized for the format of several screens, and switching between your betslip, profile, and available sports is relatively painless. However, at times, the way sports menus are filtered and organized seems a bit less-than-intuitive, with toggle buttons at the top instead of a list of filters for your preferred matches.
- Responsiveness: There were a few issues with app responsiveness if you’re moving a bit too quick. The app stutters a bit between tabs and will occasionally knock you into a window or open up your betslip when you meant to navigate to a different tab. Overall, though, things went pretty smoothly when using the Circa sports app with different settings.
- Bet slip building: This is where the Circa app demonstrates that it was built by people who are passionate about sports and excited by betting. The betslip window makes sense. Odds are clearly displayed, and your bet amounts automatically populate to give you the potential take. Additionally, putting together parlays and teasers is really easy, as the betslip has multiple tabs with all the available bet types at your fingertips.
- Other gaming markets: At the moment, Circa only covers sports betting, and with the way its partnerships are arranged, will be unlikely to branch out to other products (casino/DFS) without rebranding or absorbing another brand’s operations. The Circa brand was created with sports at its core, and seems to be focused primarily on expanding and perfecting their sportsbook offering.
Before we continue, it’s important to note that the web-based or browser version of the Circa online sportsbook is not available in Nevada. If you’re in Nevada, you can only access Circa through mobile app.
When using the browser version of the Circa sportsbook we were surprised with how simply the information was displayed. After coming from the mobile app, we expected that Circa would make use of the larger screen. Not so–the desktop version is essentially a clone of the app. The one exception is that the desktop version displays the betslip on the right side of the screen as opposed to inside a different tab, which works just as well.
Creating a Circa Sportsbook Account
Once you’re ready to create your Circa sportsbook account, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Visit the Circa sportsbook website on your computer or mobile device.
- Download the appropriate app for your needs, or simply follow the process for desktop by clicking ‘Join Now’.
- Enter relevant personal details to continue, including name, preferred username and password, and security questions.
- Enter the last four digits of your SSN to verify your age and identity.
- Confirm your age and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Tap ‘Create Account’ and get ready to start using the Circa sportsbook.
Pricing and Betting Options at Circa Sportsbook
Circa sportsbook has established itself within the U.S. sports betting market by having some of the best pricing and betting options in the country. To illustrate this, let’s take a look at a recent game between the Packers and the 49ers.
|Team||FanDuel's Odds||Circa's Odds|
Right there, it’s clear to see that a moneyline bet, for example, will pay out better on Circa than on FanDuel Sportsbook. A bet of $100 on the 49ers through Circa would pay out $20 more than on FanDuel. We’ve noticed in many circumstances that Circa’s pricing is simply better than other competitors. Note, of course, that Packers backers would need to pay 10 cents more on the moneyline.
As for totals, it’s important to again note the wide variety of betting options available on Circa sportsbook. Teasers, parlays, round robin, pre-game and in-game prop bets are all available, in addition to any other bet types you’d expect from a modern sportsbook.
Live betting is legal and readily available to users of the Circa platform– just navigate to the ‘Live’ tab on the website or app to check and see what’s available.
You can bet on quite a few sports with Circa, including (but not limited to):
- Auto Racing
- College Football
- College Basketball
- Pro Football (NFL)
- Pro Basketball (NBA)
Circa Sportsbook Loyalty/Rewards Programs
Circa sportsbook is a relatively new platform, focusing efforts on wider access to MMA events, higher bet limits, and super-competitive odds. However, this came at the expense of a rewards programs or bonuses. There’s no VIP program, no welcome offer; still, we’re expecting Circa sportsbook to add some additional customer incentives soon, if only because it’s become the industry standard.
Deposits and Withdrawals at Circa Sportsbook
When you’re ready to deposit funds into your Circa sportsbook account, you’ve got a few options.
- Prepaid Play+ Cards: Play+ cards are the primary deposit method across multiple states. Users can fund a Play+ card directly with their bank, or by using PayPal. It only takes a few minutes to set up, and it’s really easy to send money to and from Circa Sportsbook.
- In-Person at the casino: Nevada bettors can also deposit/withdraw in-person at participating retail casinos (Circa, D Casino, Golden Gate).
For withdrawals, users can move funds to a preferred bank account using their Play+ Card. Circa sends your money to your Play+ card, which can then be transferred to the bank. In-person cash withdrawals are also permitted in the NV market.
It’s not the best cashier, there’s plenty of room to grow. Circa is a relatively new service though, so in time we hope to see new options for both deposits and withdrawals. Bank transfers, PayPal, PayNearMe, and eChecks are regularly used by other operators.
More About Circa Sportsbook
Circa Sportsbook is one of the newer sports betting platforms on the scene, but it is very much a labor of love. The idea maker behind the Circa platform, Matthew Metcalf, has been interested in the sports book market since the beginning of this millennium, and has spent that time learning the ins and outs of the industry.
Circa isn’t having trouble attracting new customers, and that’s because they have some alluringly high betting limits and great pricing that appeals to recreational bettors and high rollers alike. Additionally, in bringing on Nick Kalikas (UFC Analyst and TV personality), Circa is appealing to the country’s growing MMA fandom, something others have taken for granted. That refocusing is paying off, as Circa is a rising star not just in Nevada, but well beyond.
Customer Support at Circa
This is another thing we’re going to have to chalk up to being the new kid on the block– Circa sportsbook’s customer support section is, to be frank, threadbare. For customer support options, you are presented with a menu of about a dozen frequently asked questions with one or two sentence answers from which to choose. If your concern isn’t among the few listed on the ‘Support’ page, you’ll have to wait to get in touch with customer service through email.
Having no live chat support is one thing, but to not even have a phone number to call during business hours is decidedly unimpressive. Surely a sportsbook operator that just spent $1 billion to build the world’s largest sports betting venue could afford to contract a call center for a few hours a week. Still, email support will get back to you with a relatively thorough answer in a few business days, or you can try them on Twitter @CircaSports.