Sports Handle is home for information on the legal U.S. sports wagering industry — legislation, business, and policy. The team is comprised of veteran journalists who deliver original and investigative reporting, opinion, and analysis of sports betting legislation and regulation at the state and federal levels, plus coverage of the sports betting business landscape. For the latest news, follow along on Twitter at @sports_handle.
Now accepting tips! Got an idea for a story or a tip? Want to discuss partnering? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a message using the contact form provided. We love to hear comments and suggestions from readers and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Sports Handle is owned and operated by Better Collective USA. We do NOT publish paid guest posts, “advertorials” or any other form of native advertising. We also do not participate in any unscrupulous link building schemes. Please do not contact us requesting guest posts or links.
You can find our affiliate marketing disclaimer here.
- Bennett ConlinBennett Conlin is a sports betting reporter. He began his sportswriting career crafting recaps of family wiffle ball games. He’s covered more meaningful games since those early days, most recently writing about the University of Virginia’s athletic programs for The Daily Progress. Bennett can be reached at email@example.com.
- Brett SmileyBrett Smiley is editor-in-chief and co-founder of Sports Handle, which joined forces with the US Bets team in November 2018. He focuses on the sports betting industry and legislation. He's a recreational sports bettor and DFS player himself, focusing on the NFL. In a past life, Smiley practiced commercial litigation in New York City and previously wrote for FOX Sports and SI.com. He lives in New Jersey with his family.
- Chris AltrudaChris Altruda has been a sportswriter with ESPN, The Associated Press, and STATS over more than two decades. He recently expanded into covering sports betting and gambling around the Midwest. His Twitter handle is @AlTruda73.
- Donald EmmonsDon is an accomplished journalist with a wealth of experience that includes time covering the NFL, NBA, MLB, and major college sports for publications in California, Texas, Indiana, and Ohio. Don is a Hoosier native who has spent the past 20 years residing in the Buckeye State. Don can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eric RaskinEric is a veteran writer, editor, and podcaster in the sports and gaming industries. He was the editor-in-chief of the poker magazine All In for nearly a decade, is the author of the book The Moneymaker Effect, and has contributed to such outlets as ESPN.com, Grantland.com, and Playboy. Contact Eric at email@example.com.
- Greg WarrenGreg is a sports editor who has previously worked for respected Canadian media outlets, including Rogers Sportsnet, theScore, and Covers Media Group. He’s covered sports in Canada for over a decade, specializing in NHL, NFL, CFL, MLB, and sports betting. In his spare time, he can be found attempting to break 90 on the golf course or cruising down the slopes at his local ski hill. You can reach Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jeremy BalanJeremy Balan has been a journalist, editor, and sports writer since 2007. After years covering prep, college, and pro sports for online and print media, he focused on turf writing at BloodHorse from 2015-2019 and won an Eclipse Award for his coverage of the devastating fire at San Luis Rey Training Center. Contact Jeremy on Twitter (@jeremybalan) or through email at email@example.com.
- Jeff EdelsteinJeff is a veteran journalist, working as a columnist for The Trentonian newspaper in Trenton, NJ for a number of years. He's also an avid sports bettor and DFS player. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jill R. DorsonJill has covered everything from steeplechase to the NFL and then some during a more than 30-year career in sports journalism. The highlight of her career was covering Oakland Raiders during the Charles Woodson/Jon Gruden era, including the infamous “Snow Bowl” and the Raiders’ 2003 trip to Super Bowl XXXVII. Her specialty these days is covering sports betting legislation across the country. You can reach Jill at email@example.com
- John BrennanJohn Brennan has covered NJ and NY sports business and gaming since 2002 and was a Pulitzer Prize Finalist in 2008, while reporting for The Bergen County Record.
- Mike SeelyMike Seely has written about horse racing for The Daily Racing Form and America’s Best Racing, and has contributed pieces on a multitude of topics to The New York Times and Los Angeles Times, among other publications. He can be reached on Twitter (@mdseely) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matt RybaltowskiMatt is a veteran writer with a specific focus on the emerging sports gambling market. During Matt's two decade career in journalism, he has written for the New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, Reuters and CBSSports.com among others. In his spare time, Matt is an avid reader, a weekend tennis player and a frequent embarrassment to the sport of running. Contact Matt at email@example.com.