We are in the dog days of the MLB season – the injuries are piling up and the standings are starting to shape themselves out. What better way to watch two premier franchises like the Red Sox and Yankees face off than to have some skin in the game?
That said, you can’t beat FanDuel’s $1K “No Sweat, First Bet” offer! With each team entering a critical point in their season, now is a great time to join in on the action.
Get the Bonus
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code for MLB betting
The best part about FanDuel’s offer? You don’t need even a promo code. The process to ensure you receive your enticing welcome bonus is very straightforward.
For bettors who haven’t created an account on FanDuel Sportsbook before, this is all you need to do:
- Sign up on FanDuel Sportsbook using this link.
- Create your account and make a real money deposit of at least $10 (and up to $1,000!)
- Navigate the sportsbook and place your initial bet for your $1K No Sweat First Bet.
FanDuel Sportsbook Promo Code No Code Needed - Click Here
FanDuel Sportsbook Special Offer Bet $5, Get $125 Free
FanDuel Sportsbook Offer T&C New bettors, 21+ only. Available in AZ, CO, CT, IA, IN, IL, LA, KS, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, & WY
Yankees vs. Red Sox Weekend Preview
You should be sure to use your “No Sweat First Bet” on one of these three games this weekend, two of which will be broadcast on national television.
- Friday: Domingo German (1-2, 5.09 ERA) vs. Nathan Eovaldi (5-3, 4.23 ERA) at 7:10 PM ET
- Saturday: Frankie Montas (4-9, 3.59 ERA) vs. Kutter Crawford (3-4, 4.30 ERA) at 7:15 PM ET on FOX
- Sunday: Jameson Taillon (11-2, 3.95 ERA) vs. Rich Hill (4-5, 4.75 ERA) at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN
The best rivalry in baseball history and arguably, the best in all of sports will take place this weekend in a pivotal series for each storied franchise.
Although the Yankees and Red Sox are at each end of the spectrum in the AL East standings, both are still heading into a crucial series for their respective playoff races.
The Yankees boast the best record in major league baseball but have slowly taken a tumble since the All-Star break. The Bronx Bombers were active shoppers at the trade deadline, acquiring Frankie Montas, Andrew Benintendi and Harrison Bader, but it has not resulted in wins. They had a season-long six-game losing streak following the deadline and have really struggled from the plate without slugger Giancarlo Stanton.
The Yankees are currently vying with the Houston Astros for the AL’s #1 seed.
While the Yankees have tumbled, the Red Sox are in the midst of a late-season collapse. Heading into July, the Red Sox picked up a lot of steam and positioned themselves nicely in the AL wild-card race.
However, the Red Sox are 11-23 since July 3rd and appear to be spiraling out of the playoff race. The Red Sox have compiled more injuries than anyone in baseball, including former ace Chris Sale who just broke his wrist riding his bike this past week. But with three wild card spots up for grabs, the Red Sox are still within reach to contend for one of the spots in the American League. But if they want to make things interesting in September, they will need to rack up some wins this weekend against the Yanks.
MLB betting slate for this weekend
If you don’t want to use your “No Sweat, First Bet” on the storied rivalry, that is not an issue. There is an appetizing slate of baseball for this upcoming weekend. Here are the other games you can wager on for your first bet:
- Atlanta Braves (M. Fried) @ Miami Marlins (P. Lopez) – 6:40 ET
- San Diego Padres (M. Clevinger) @ Washington Nationals (C. Abbott) – 7:05 ET
- Cleveland Guardians (C. Quantrill) @ Toronto Blue Jays (M. White) – 7:07 ET
- Baltimore Orioles (S. Watkins) @ Tampa Bay Rays (C. Kluber) – 7:10 ET
- Detroit Tigers (Undecided) @ Chicago White Sox (M. Kopech) – 7:10 ET
- New York Mets (M. Scherzer) @ Philadelphia Phillies (R. Suarez) – 7:10 ET
- Seattle Mariners (C. Flexen) @ Texas Rangers (D. Dunning) – 8:05 ET
- Los Angeles Dodgers (T. Gonsolin) @ Kansas City Royals (D. Lynch) – 8:10 ET
- Oakland A’s (A. Oller) @ Houston Astros (L. Garcia) – 8:10 ET
- Milwaukee Brewers (E. Lauer) @ St. Louis Cardinals (J. Montgomery) – 8:15 ET
- Arizona Diamondbacks (Z. Davies) @ Colorado Rockies (A. Senzatela) – 8:40 ET
- Minnesota Twins (T. Mahle) @ Los Angeles Angels (P. Sandoval) – 9:38 ET
- Pittsburgh Pirates (B. Wilson) @ San Francisco Giants (C. Rodon) – 10:15 ET
- Atlanta Braves (J. Odorizzi) @ Miami Marlins (J. Luzardo) – 1:10 ET
- Cleveland Guardians (T. McKenzie) @ Toronto Blue Jays (K. Gausman) – 3:07 ET
- Baltimore Orioles (J. Lyles) @ Tampa Bay Rays (S. McClanahan) – 4:10 ET
- Chicago Cubs (A. Sampson) @ Cincinnati Reds (G. Ashcraft) – 6:40 ET
- San Diego Padres (Y. Darvish) @ Washington Nationals (A. Sanchez) – 7:05 ET
- Atlanta Braves (I. Anderson) @ Miami Marlins (Undecided) – 7:10 ET
- Detroit Tigers (M. Manning) @ Chicago White Sox (L. Giolito) – 7:10 ET
- Los Angeles Dodgers (A. Heaney) @ Kansas City Royals (B. Keller) – 7:10 ET
- Oakland A’s (Undecided) @ Houston Astros (C. Javier) – 7:10 ET
- New York Mets (J. deGrom) @ Philadelphia Phillies (A. Nola) – 7:10 ET
- Milwaukee Brewers (C. Burnes) @ St. Louis Cardinals (A. Wainwright) – 7:15 ET
- Seattle Mariners (G. Kirby) @ Texas Rangers (S. Howard) – 7:15 ET
- Arizona Diamondbacks (Z. Gallen) @ Colorado Rockies (J. Urena) – 8:10 ET
- Pittsburgh Pirates (Undecided) @ San Francisco Giants (L. Webb) – 9:05 ET
- Minnesota Twins (D. Bundy) @ Los Angeles Angels (R. Detmers) – 9:07 ET
- San Diego Padres (B. Snell) @ Washington Nationals (P. Espino) – 12:05 ET
- Cleveland Guardians (S. Bieber) @ Toronto Blue Jays (Y. Kikuchi) – 1:37 ET
- Atlanta Braves (S. Strider) @ Miami Marlins (B. Garrett) – 1:40 ET
- Baltimore Orioles (K. Bradish) @ Tampa Bay Rays (D. Rasmussen) – 1:40 ET
- Chicago Cubs (K. Thompson) @ Cincinnati Reds (J. Dunn) – 1:40 ET
- New York Mets (Z. Wheeler) @ Philadelphia Phillies (C. Bassitt) – 1:40 ET
- Detroit Tigers (T. Alexander) @ Chicago White Sox (L. Lynn) – 2:10 ET
- Los Angeles Dodgers (T. Anderson) @ Kansas City Royals (B. Singer) – 2:10 ET
- Oakland A’s (C. Irvin) @ Houston Astros (J. Urquidy) – 2:10 ET
- Milwaukee Brewers (A. Ashby) @ St. Louis Cardinals (M. Mikolas) – 2:15 ET
- Seattle Mariners (M. Gonzales) @ Texas Rangers (M. Perez) – 2:35 ET
- Arizona Diamondbacks (T. Henry) @ Colorado Rockies (R. Feltner) – 3:10 ET
- Pittsburgh Pirates (Z. Thompson) @ San Francisco Giants (A. Wood) – 4:05 ET
- Minnesota Twins (C. Archer) @ Los Angeles Angels (T. Davidson) – 4:07 ET
Use your FanDuel No Sweat First Bet on any sport this weekend
For sports fans who do not want to wager on baseball altogether, that is perfectly okay! Baseball is not the only sport you can use the “No Sweat First Bet” on! Here are some of the other notable sporting events taking place this weekend that you can use your initial FanDuel welcome bonus on:
- NFL Preseason Week 1, Thursday-Sunday
- Richmond Fall Race, August 14 at 3:30 PM ET
- WNBA action, Thursday-Friday, Sunday
- FedEx St. Jude’s Championship, Thursday-Sunday
- National Bank Open, Thursday-Sunday