SI Sportsbook Review & Promo Code
The legendary Sports Illustrated magazine has been a staple among sports fans since it first launched back in August of 1954. It serves as a go-to publication for all your favorite stories that take place on and off the field, and of course the swimsuit issue that debuted in 1964. Being on the cover of Sports Illustrated was a coveted position for any professional athlete, and to this day it remains one of the top magazines in the sports industry.
Sports Illustrated, through a partnership with established gambling brand 888, has now made the transition into the world of online sports betting. SI Sportsbook first made landfall in Colorado in 2021, and will look to expand beyond the borders of the Centennial State as time goes on. To find out more about SI Sportsbook including what betting markets are available, how to get money on and off the site and of course the massive risk-free bet offer, keep reading as we have you covered on all your questions about how to get started.
SI Sportsbook New Player offer
When you register a new account with SI Sportsbook using one of the many links on this page, you will be eligible for a one-time risk-free bet up to $7500.
|SI Sportsbook Welcome Bonus Details|
|Bonus Code||Just click this link|
|Welcome Bonus||Up to $7500 Risk-Free Bet|
|Bonus Valid||October 2021|
How does it work?
SI Sportsbook does things a little different than other sportsbooks when it comes to their new customer bonus – a little bigger. Beyond the pure size of the offer, there are a few other T&C that should be remembered.
To get started, simply click through one of the many links on this page to be taken to their registration page. Sign up for a new account and make your first deposit. Place your first bet with odds no longer than -200 anywhere from $10-$7500 and if that bet comes back a winner, congrats! You will be paid out just like any other cash bet and the promo is done… but you’re a winner.
If that bet is graded as a loss, you will get a free bet token in the amount of that first bet up to $7500. For example, if you sign up for a new account, make your first deposit and make a bet of $5000 on the Nuggets to win at -110 and they prevail over the Lakers, you would be paid the normal $9545 ($5000 stake + $4545 profit) and you are welcome to cash it out or keep playing as that is your cash. If the Lakers take the victory, you will get free bet tokens, $500 at a time, in the amount of the first bet, $5000. This means you would get 10 $500 free bet tokens.
The $500 free bet will only pay out the profit of the bet, not the stake. So, if you used a free bet token on the bet above (a team at -110), the payout would only be the $455 profit, as the $500 stake is not included.
Who is eligible for an account at SI Sportsbook?
Similar rules apply to playing in any US retail casino, but with a few tweaks to account for the online aspect of the SI Sportsbook. First and foremost, you must be at least 21 years of age or older, so if you are under 21, you won’t make it through the first step of registration.
Secondly, in order to to place a bet, you must be physically located inside the legal state where you are creating an account. You can sign up from out of town, make financial transactions and talk to customer service, but to place a bet, you have to have both feet firmly placed in a state where SI Sportsbook is legal and live.
The final stipulation is that you are not on any restricted lists which includes self-imposed and casino mandated lists. A self-restriction can be set up through any of the sites responsible gaming features, which include permanent self-ban, deposit limits, playing limits, and betting limits. A casino mandated restriction can be from a retail casino ban or if for any reason the online sportsbook deems you ineligible to open an account.
States where you can find SI Sportsbook
|State||Retail Partner||Tech Partner||Available Platforms|
|Colorado||Colorado Grande Casino||888||Desktop/Mobile|
When PASPA was overturned back in May 2018, it opened the floodgates for legal sports betting throughout the country. New Jersey was the first state to offer legal online sports betting and since then, we have seen over a dozen states come online, with many more looking to join the fun. There are several online sportsbooks that have taken advantage and have launched their sportsbook product in almost every legal market, but for now SI Sportsbook is new to the game and only live in Colorado, but should be looking to expand its reach to other legal states in the near future.
SI’s partner, 888sport, currently operates a sportsbook in New Jersey in which a full on rebranding could be in the cards. Similarly, both Iowa and Indiana have been rumored as potential next-stops for Sports Illustrated Sportsbook. We’ll keep you up to date as they grow.
SI Sportsbook Available Platforms
SI sportsbook launched with the ability to bet on both your computer and mobile device. SI sportsbook can be accessed through your favorite web browser, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge or Firefox. If you are betting on your mobile device, you can download the app from the Apple App Store if you are an iOS device or directly from the website for an Android phone or tablet.
SI Sportsbook Mobile App
The SI Sportsbook app is a solid platform, and we have analyzed all aspects of the app below:
- Availability: The app can be downloaded to both iOS and Android devices alike. For iPhone and iPad users, simply wander on over to the App Store. For Android users you will need to venture into the Google Play Store.
- Speed: It’s not the fastest app we’ve tested, but it did not prevent us from getting our bets in. There is some delay when first opening the sportsbook, and a bit of a delay when switching betting markets, but the only time that may be a problem is when you are live betting and time is of the essence. Generally speaking, it’s not much of a hindrance.
- Stability: Through our testing we did not see any major crashes, but once again, there are some delays in displaying new pages.
- Appearance: The SI Sportsbook app is not going to blow you away with its aesthetics, and actually looks a bit vintage (as vintage as a mobile app can be), which personally, this reviewer kind of likes. I guess it all comes down to preference, but the appearance of the app is neither going to get you excited, nor will it make you immediately close the app.
- View/Layout: The layout is fairly standard from what we have seen in the industry, which is a good thing. Utilizing buttons across the top and bottom of the screen to get to your favorite markets, banking, account info, and more. We would like to see the scrolling promotions across the top of screen maybe shrink down a bit, but that may just be splitting hairs.
- Betslip Building: This is one of the best features of the mobile app, as the betslip stays hidden until beckoned. This means you can add as many bets you want, whether is a single spread bet or a 12 leg parlay, the bets will be added, but stay minimized until you click to open it. Once opened, you will see a plethora of betting options such as teasers, single bets, parlays, and a variety of round robin parlays.
- Live Betting: Well, the live betting selection is great, but with the speed of the app, you may have some trouble getting them in on time. This doesn’t mean that it’s not possible to bet a live spread, but betting on individual drives, points, or plays may see its share of problems.
SI Sportsbook web-based platform
When you transition from placing your bets on your phone to placing your bets on your computer, the platform will look very familiar as it is basically an expanded version of the mobile app that utilizes the extra screen space.
The major differences that you will see are that the betslip is now taking up the right side of the screen and the buttons that will take you to the promotions, betting markets and account settings will populate the left side. Same grievance that we have with the mobile app apply here too, mainly the massive promotional sliding banner, but it does let you know if you are eligible for any bonuses or free bets.
SI Sportsbook Banking
When you bet with a legal and regulated online sportsbook like SI, you can bet with confidence knowing that your money is safe and all financial transaction are going to be processed by trusted names in the industry. All processors are fully vetted by the governing body of the state before being available on any legal sportsbook and are usually banking options that you use everyday. For now, SI sportsbook offers the following banking options:
- ACH/eCheck: Same as writing a paper check, you will link your bank account using the checking account and your banks routing number for both deposits and withdrawals. ACH transaction will appear in your sportsbook account instantly, but may take 2-3 days to reflect on your bank statement. Once withdrawals are processed, you should expect the same 2 day delay before hitting your bank.
- Visa/MasterCard: It’s as simple as entering your card number, the amount you would like to deposit, and boom, you are on your way. Some sportsbooks have started allowing withdrawals back to your card, but for now, SI Sportsbook only allows deposits to be processed using a credit or debit card.
- Play+ Card: Approval for the Play+ card is instant and can be done right there in the SI Sportsbook cashier. The Play+ card is site specific, so it can only be used at SI Sportsbook, but can be instantly funded using PayPal, your bank account, or a credit card. Withdrawals are instant, and you can transfer funds back to your PayPal or bank account. The convenient third option is using the physical card (that will arrive in your mailbox within 3 weeks) at any ATM or anywhere Discover is accepted. Withdraw cash directly, or use it like a standard debit card.
- PayNearMe: This cash deposit only option is as easy as obtaining a barcode from the cashier, bringing that barcode to any CVS, Walgreens, Family Dollar, or 7-11 along with cash. The cashier will scan the code, take the cash and the funds will be in your account within 15 minutes. It’s important to note that PayNearMe deposits often are not eligible for promotional offers.
- Online Banking: Just as you would pay bills online, now your online banking can open the door to deposits and withdrawals from SI Sportsbook. You will need to login to your online banking account in order to transfer funds, but once you verify the account, deposits are instant and withdrawals will arrive next day.
SI Sportsbook betting options
SI Sportsbook has a wide range of betting options no matter if you like the classics like moneyline, spreads, totals, and teasers or if you want alternative lines, props, halves, quarters and live in game betting. Live ingame betting allows you to bet on the matchup even after kickoff, and offers live odds on a huge selection of bets that are constantly updated as the action unfolds on the field. Live betting lets you bet on every serve, every down or every pitch.
SI Sportsbook betting options include:
- Moneyline: The most basic of bets where you are betting who is going to win
- Spreads: A handicapped bet where the favorites give points and the underdogs get points
- Totals (Over/Under): Betting on how many points will be scored in a match (or part of a match, like a half)
- Props: Betting on individual or team performances such as rushing yards, aces in a match or strikeouts
- Parlays: Combining any series of bets for increased odds where all the bets have to win to be deemed a winner
- Teaser: A parlay where the lines are moved up or down for increased or decreased odds
- Round Robin: Parlays that are split into several smaller parlays mixing and matching all the legs
- Live ingame: Betting on the game after it already started with constantly updating odds
- Bet Builder: Similar to a same-game parlay, you can put together markets in the same game to build your own parlay.
SI Sportsbook has plenty of sports to bet on including but not limited to:
- Aussie Rules
- Motor Racing
- Table Tennis
Be aware that SI Sportsbook won’t necessarily offer all of the same markets and pricing in different states. As the sportsbook expands, they will be operating under the jurisdiction of the local laws, which may lead to minor differences.
SI Sportsbook Promotions
The new customer offer is extremely generous, but the fun doesn’t stop there. SI Sportsbook has several promotional offers running daily. Some examples of past offers include:
- Pick 10 games correctly and win up to $10,000
- From Friday-Sunday, when you win a 3+ leg parlay, get up to $20 in free bets
- Daily odds boosts enhance odds on specific bets throughout the day
We recommend checking the promotions page every time you log-in, just to see what’s available. Don’t leave value on the table!
If you ever run into any issues while playing at SI Sportsbook, your first stop will be at the FAQs page which answers the most common issues that customers run into. You can sort questions by categories such as banking, betting, promotions etc. If you can’t find your answer in the FAQs, you can click on the contact us section and fill out a form and a customer service agent will get back to you. It is pretty disappointing that there is no live chat option, but we are hopeful that they will add it in the future.