Todd Fuhrman Joins ‘The Hedge’ To Discuss First Bet, Industry & His Typical CFB SaturdayBy Jimmy Shapiro | Published: April 13, 2018 at 11:23 am
Fuhrman, a former oddsmaker Caesars turned co-founder of Bet The Board podcast with PayneInsider, also a contributor to SI.com, CBSHQ, FS1 Race Hub, joins “The Hedge” to discuss his unique entrance into the world of sports betting. The fellas also discuss Todd’s career path, his transition from oddsmaker to gambling media personality, his daily routine, gambling tips and much more.
A list of topics and timecodes appear below the sound. You can also listen on iTunes right here.
Topics for Episode Eight of ‘The Hedge’ Include:
- 1:45 — Todd’s first bet
- 3:00 — His dad being the seminal influence in making a career out of the gambling industry
- 6:40 — Todd being a Division III hockey player and getting in trouble for betting on sports
- 8:40 — His decision to move to Vegas to seek a career in sports gambling
- 12:15 — Becoming a popular personality to interview to talk sports gambling
- 13:50 — Did he receive any backlash for becoming so media-friendly in Vegas at such a young age
- 16:40 — On gambling on sports as an oddsmaker
- 19:50 — On leaving Caesars
- 22:50 — Starting his relationships with sports media outlets
- 24:30 — Did he receive any pushback from any of the former athletes he’s worked with in the media
- 29:15 — How he describes what he does now
- 31:45 — A typical Todd Fuhrman day during a college football Saturday.