TwinSpires Sportsbook Review & Promo Code
When you think of the Kentucky Derby you may have visions of fancy hats, mint juleps and betting windows overflowing with customers. The inaugural running of the Kentucky Derby took place on May 17, 1875, and to this day is an American tradition where viewers all over the country tune in to see who takes the top spot. The iconic race takes place at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, and before 1992, all bets were handled on site. The TwinSpires betting site was born in 2007 to accept bets on horse racing across the internet, which leads us to the TwinSpires Sportsbook that now covers legal sports betting.
Initially launching in some states as BetAmerica, TwinSpires is the online gambling wing of Churchill Downs Inc, also known as CDI. TwinSpires in now live in several states including Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Tennessee, and offers a full slate of betting markets and options. We have you covered on all aspects of the online sportsbook, so keep reading to learn more about TwinSpires, including where you can bet, what you can bet on, all of your financial options and, of course, how to claim the top bonus offer.
TwinSpires Sportsbook 2021 new player bonus
When you signup using one of the links on this page and TwinSpires promo code HANDLE your first sports bet is “risk free” up to $1000 after a successful deposit.
|TwinSpires Online Sportsbook Welcome Bonus|
|TwinSpires Sportsbook Promo Code||HANDLE|
|New Player Bonus||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000|
How it works
Once you create a new account and make your first deposit you will be eligible for a “risk-free” bet up to $1000. Just use the link provided and you will be taken to the TwinSpires landing page where creating a new account is just a few clicks away, make a deposit and place the bet. If the bet wins, congrats! but nothing else will happen and the money is yours to keep playing with, or cashout. If that bet falls flat you will get a free bet in the amount of that first bet up to $1000. It’s important to note that the bet must settle within seven days of being placed, so no futures bets please. Odds boosts and profit boosts also do not qualify, so save those for your second or third bet.
So, for example, let’s say you create a new account, load up $1000 and put it on the Sixers moneyline at +200. If the Sixers pull out the victory, you will be paid out $3000 ($1000 bet + $2000 profit). If the Sixers lose, you will be issued a free bet of $1000 that can be used on any market available on the site that will settle within seven days.
If you make the same bet, of Sixers at +200 with the issued free bet, and it comes out a winner, you will only be paid out the profits, $2000, as the amount of the free bet is not included in the payout. If that bet loses, you are done, there will be no more free bets through the welcome offer. You do not need to bet the full amount of $1000 on the risk-free bet, as a bet of $10 will activate the offer, and if you bet over $1000, and the bet loses, you will still only be given a free bet in the amount of $1000.
Where is TwinSpires Online Sportsbook Available?
TwinSpires is expanding their reach throughout the country and is available in the following US States.
|Michigan||Island Casino & Resort||Jan. 2021|
|Tennessee||Mobile Only||Mar. 2021|
|Indiana||Rising Star Casino||Apr. 2021|
|Pennsylvania||Presque Isle Downs & Casino||Apr. 2021|
|Colorado||Bronco Billy's Casino||Apr. 2021|
|Arizona||Tonto Apache Tribe||Coming Soon|
One by one, states are starting to legalize and regulate online sports betting. As they do so, TwinSpires will be expanding. Looking for your state? Check back with us in the future, we’ll keep the list up to date for you. Arizona, Louisiana, Maryland, Ohio, Maine… they could all get involved soon.
TwinSpires Online Sportsbook Basics
To get started with a TwinSpires Online Sportsbook account, there are a few things to keep in mind. You can sign up for an account from anywhere, make a deposit or withdrawal from anywhere, but before you place a real money bet, you must be physically located within a state where TwinSpires is active. You do not need to be a resident of the state, but just have both feet firmly placed within state lines.
For example, if you live in Illinois, you can create an account from your house, make a deposit and check out the lines and odds all from the comfort of your own home. To actually place a bet, you would need to cross the border into Indiana or Michigan. TwinSpires is legally obligated to track your location using geo-tracking software to verify that you are where you claim to be. This is achieved through a plugin on your computer that checks up to 3 WiFi signals or by using the GPS chip in your mobile device.
You also must be at least 21 years of age or older to sign up for an account. During registration, TwinSpires will run your information through a secure identity verification service to make sure that you are in fact you, and that you are of legal age to participate. This verification takes only a few seconds, and is in place to protect both your identity and the integrity of the sportsbook.
When betting on TwinSpires, you have a plethora of betting options on almost all matchups from a wide array of sports. Online sportsbooks have to ability to offer more betting options than retail sportsbooks, as bets can be placed on the fly. They can just do more than the big board at a retail sportsbook.
Beyond the standard moneyline, spreads, and totals, TwinSpires is able to offer alternative lines, more props than a retail book and of course inplay betting that expands beyond what an in-person sportsbook could handle. Inplay betting allows you to place wagers on every pitch, down, or inning but also allows you to bet the standard moneyline spread or total with constantly updating lines depending on the action in the game.
The most common betting options include:
- Moneyline: Who is going to win
- Spreads: The favorite gives points to the underdog, so if the Lakers are -4.5, they have to win by 5 to win the spread bet.
- Totals: Also known as Over/Under, you are betting on the total points in a game
- Alternative lines: Move the line of a spread or total with either longer or shorter odds depending on which way you move the line
- Props: Betting on individual, game or team performances, for instance, “how many total yards will Tom Brady throw for?”
- Futures: Betting on outcomes that will be settled in the future, like Super Bowl Champ or NL MVP.
- Parlays: Combining any series of bets where all outcomes need to win in order to cash the bet
- Inplay betting: Betting during the game with constantly updating odds.
For most matchups, there are a ton of betting options, where you can bet on who wins each inning, quarter bets, prop bets, and you can move the line using TwinSpires slider to move the spread or total to better fit what you think the outcome will be.
Available betting markets
TwinSpires is accepting wagers on almost any sports you can imagine, from the standard football, soccer and basketball to the more niche betting markets like darts, floorball and pesapallo. Not only do they offer a wide array of sports, but plenty of bets for each matchup. The list of betting markets includes but is not limited to:
- Aussie Rules
- Table Tennis
The full list of sports can be found running along the left side of the screen for easy navigation on your computer and there is an A-Z menu in the mobile app. Once you find the sport you want, click on any matchup to see the full list of betting options available to you.
Pricing and lines
In terms of pricing, TwinSpires is pretty much on par with the industry as far as margins, but seem to sway a bit on moneyline in favor of the underdogs. This means that where FanDuel may have lines of -120/+102, TwinSpires will have moneyline odds of -127/+107. This is a minor difference, but could help you build profits long term if you are betting on underdogs more often, and cut into profits if you like betting the favorites. Spreads and totals lines are in the middle of FanDuel and DraftKings, but nothing really worth mentioning as it depends on the matchup. In short, you will not see any drastic line or odds separation than you are used to on several of the bigger online sportsbooks.
TwinSpires Sportsbook available platforms
TwinSpires is available on your PC, Mac, or mobile device. To access the online sportsbook on your computer, you can use any of your favorite browsers and navigate your way to their online sportsbook. For mobile bettors, you can download their app via the Apple App Store for iOS users, and can download the file directly from their site if you are an Android user. You will need to download the APK file, and accept downloads from unknown sources. This is because the Google Play store does not allow gambling apps yet.
The TwinSpires browser based online sportsbook is easy on the eyes, and makes use of the whole screen, but never has a jumbled feel. All the available betting markets are listed on the left side of the screen, with the most popular upcoming matchups listed in the middle of the screen. When bets are added to the betslip, they populate on the right, and bets are placed quickly and efficiently. All the newest promotions scroll along the top of the screen, and you can easily navigate to the most popular sports or to the cashier for deposits and withdrawals.
In states where there is a casino options, TwinSpires Casino is just a click away by clicking the tab at the top of the screen, or if betting the ponies is your thing, there is also a tab for that. TwinSpires makes everything simple, so newbies and veteran bettors alike can get their wagers in.
For bettors on the go, the TwinSpires mobile app does not disappoint, and has all the features of the desktop version, but utilizes menus and a popup betslip to consolidate everything to fit the smaller screen. All banking, betting, and customer service options are just a touch away. When bets are added, the betslip will popup from the bottom of the screen, but can be minimized in order to add additional wagers.
Navigation on the app is as easy as it is on the computer, as it utilizes an easy A-Z menu, live betting, home, and account buttons on the bottom of the screen to get where you are going to fast. The only gripe we have is that in states where the casino is available, it will take you to the casino page when you sign in, but if you scroll to the bottom of the screen, you can move to sports fairly quickly.
- Availability: The mobile app can be found in the Apple App Store or by downloading to your Android phone directly from the TwinSpires website.
- Speed: Through many hours of testing, the TwinSpires mobile app transitions from page to page quickly and we have had no major issues with bets loading or ingame betting lines being delayed
- View: The blue on white theme is very aesthetically pleasing, and they make good use of the full screen without having any clutter. We would prefer a separate app for the casino, but that is just splitting hairs.
- Navigation: Navigation is a breeze, as the app has buttons on the bottom of the screen to get anywhere you want to go. Finding any account settings or customer service is easily accessible from the top right corner and current promotions scroll across the top of the screen.
- Betslip: No frills here, and that is what we like. It pops up from the bottom of the screen when a bet is added, and can easily be minimized while adding other bets and automatically changes to a parlay when more than one bet is added to the betslip. Once you are happy, simply click “place bet” and you are good to go.
- Ingame betting: There is a button at the bottom of the screen that will take you to all the available live betting options, and there is no shortage of ingame betting on TwinSpires. Lines are constantly updating, and we don’t see the OTB lockouts that we see on some other sites. Bets are placed in the same manner and there is little delay on ingame bets.
- Game tracking: TwinSpires uses GAN, which also powers sportsbooks like DraftKings and BetRivers, which means that they ingame tracking is similar. You can’t watch the game, but animated game updates are constantly keeping you up to date on all your bets.
When you bet with TwinSpires your money is safe. All banking options have run the gamut of testing before being approved for deposits and withdrawals. They are tested for security, efficiency and overall integrity. Most payment options are methods that you use everyday to pay for groceries, shop online, or the electric bill. Banking options will vary by state, but the most popular options include:
- Credit Cards: Visa and MasterCard are the most popular options, but some states may allow Discover as well.
- PayPal: PayPal is our top recommendation for deposits and withdrawals, as you know your money is handled securely, and is one of the fastest ways to get your winnings out of your TwinSpires account.
- ACH/eCheck: Use ACH to link your checking account via the routing and account number, same as you would write a paper check.
- Skrill: Skrill is similar to PayPal, but can convert funds from several different currencies, including crypto.
- PayNearMe: Bring the barcode generated in the cashier to any CVS, Family Dollar or 7-11 along with cash, and your funds will be available in about 15 minutes.
- Online Banking: Use your banks online bill pay feature for instant deposits and withdrawals.
- Play+: Play+ is a prepaid debit card that you can sign up for instantly in the cashier. You can link a credit card or bank account to fund your card immediately, and you will receive a real card card in the mail in about two weeks time. Withdrawals can be instantly sent to the card, where you can transfer back to your linked bank account, take cash out at any ATM or use the card anywhere Discover is accepted.
TwinSpires seems to have a full promotional schedule each week, and will vary depending on what sports are being offered, but some past examples have included:
- Place a $50 pregame spread bet, and get $5 in free bets for every TD scored
- Bet $50 ingame, and get a $15 free bet
- Profit boosts for specific matchups
- $25 in parlay insurance on 3+ leg live parlay betting
- Bet $100 on Monday Night Football and get $25 free bet
- Place a moneyline bet on baseball, and if your team is leading after 5 innings, and end up losing, get a free bet in the amount of your bet up to $50
These are just a few examples of promotions that TwinSpires have rolled out. Be sure to check out their promotions page for an up to date list.
TwinSpires online sportsbook customer service
If you ever run into any issues or just have a question, there are several methods you can use to get an answer. These include:
- FAQs: There is a self help section on their website that can answer almost all of the most common issues.
- Live Chat: If you cant find your answer in the FAQs, live chat is our top choice for finding an answer. You connect live with a customer service agent in a popup window directly on the site. Agents are available 24/7.
- Phone: Customer service agents are available on the phone from 9am-2am EST
- Email: If its a less pressing issue, you can email customer service and they will typically respond in less than 24 hours.
- Feedback: There is a feedback window to help minimize clogging up the live chat service. You can leave positive or negative feedback on the site by submitting a form in their contact us page.