WynnBet Sportsbook Promo Codes & Review
Wynn has been a respected brand in Nevada since 2005, offering casino betting, horse racing, and sports betting to a sophisticated audience. Often receiving high marks from reviewers and patrons, this brand was also one of the first to release an online casino app when online betting became legal in Nevada.
The WynnBET service is the updated version of Wynn Resorts Limited’s online sports betting provider. Today, new and experienced bettors can try the legal and regulated WynnBET service in Colorado, Michigan, New Jersey, and Virginia with more states being rolled out in the near future. We’ll dive into a thorough examination of the app and its features, while doing the legwork to inform readers when they can expect WynnBET to release a betting app in their state — with a sportsbook welcome bonus available.
In which states is WynnBET sportsbook available?
|State||Bonus Offer||State Partner(s)||Launch Date|
|New Jersey||$500 Risk-Free Bet||Caesars AC||July 27, 2020|
|Colorado||$500 Risk-Free Bet||Full House Resorts||Nov. 26, 2020|
|Michigan||$500 Risk-Free Bet||Kewadin Casino (Hessel)||Jan. 21, 2021|
|Virginia||$500 Risk-Free Bet||NASCAR||March 11, 2021|
|Tennessee||$500 Risk-Free Bet (expected)||N/A (online only)||March 2021 (expected)|
|Indiana||$500 Risk-Free Bet (expected)||Full House Resorts||TBD|
|Nevada||N/A||Wynn Las Vegas||July 2020|
While aggressively pursuing expansion all across the U.S. in regulated markets, WynnBET is available in CO, MI, NJ, and VA. Wynn Resorts has finalized a partnership with the EU-based betting tech firm BetBull to provide a framework for the WynnBET online sportsbook brand in New Jersey and beyond. This partnership, part of Wynn Sports Interactive, will be the driving force behind future versions of the WynnBET app in other states. Scientific Games, one of the US’s top iGaming design firms, will also have a hand in the design and implementation of these apps. The tech group GAN will be involved at least in Wynn’s Michigan product, as well.
Bettors in other states will be interested to learn that WynnBET already has their foot in the door in several markets. Wynn Resorts (known as WSI US, LLC) entered an agreement with Full House Resorts in late 2019 to offer a mobile sports wagering platform in Indiana and Colorado (where it is now live). Wynn is also getting close to launching in Tennessee.
In short, visitors and residents of multiple states who are of legal gambling age now have full access to the breadth of features offered by WynnBET, and that list is growing.
Key differences between state markets for WynnBET
- Betting on NJ-based college teams or on NCAA games played in New Jersey is currently prohibited by NJ state law. (Efforts are underway to change this.) Bettors using the WynnBET app for states other than NJ will have the ability to wager on these events.
- On WynnBET Colorado and WynnBET Virginia, regulations do not allow any betting on props for collegiate athletic events.
- Nevada players do currently have access to sports betting through the new WynnBET app, but the app will likely be re-released under development by WSI US in the near future. This review will focus specifically on the WynnBET-branded app.
WynnBET Bonus Package
|WynnBET Promo Code||None - just click this link|
|WynnBET Bonus Offer||$500 "Risk-Free" First Bet|
|Bonus Valid||April 2021|
|Terms and Conditions||Min deposit $20. Place bet within 10 days of account creation. Sports bets only, no boosted parlays or "insured" bets.|
After signing up for a new WynnBET account and making your first deposit, you will have the opportunity to make a “risk-free” first bet of up to $500.
The way this works is as follows:
- Make your first qualifying deposit from $20-$500. Then, place your first wager on a market with odds no lower than -150 (meaning -200 is ineligible) or no higher than +10,000. (Note that this initial bet, to qualify, cannot be entered as a boosted parlay, or using parlay or odds insurance promos.)
- If your first qualifying wager is a recorded loss, the amount of that wager (from $20-$500) will be refunded to your sportsbook account as a free bet. It’s essentially a do-over in one bet equivalent to your first bet, however if that bet wins, you will not get the stake in addition to the winnings. For example, say you bet $500, lose, then use your $500 free bet on the New York Knicks against the spread at -110, you’d win $454.54, which would become cash in your account. Or you could simply withdraw it, and you’d only be lighter the vig ($46.46) with the free bt.
- While this kind of bet isn’t exactly “risk-free,” as you still lose the initial deposit if you lose both the first bet and your free bet, it’s a great way to get your feet wet with an online sports betting provider.
WynnBET Online Sportsbook Basics
The WynnBET online sportsbook is an example of a decent modern sportsbook that could be a bit more focused. Offering a decent set of promotions is fine, but an app will really shine if it has two qualities: ease of use and a good variety of gaming options. WynnBET offers both to varying degrees, and is perhaps best suited to the more casual, intermediately skilled sports bettor. There are a few areas in which the app could improve its services for sports bettors specifically, but for the most part functions well for the average bettor.
Importantly, users will only be able to bet on sports using the WynnBET app. At the moment, there is no desktop version available. It may be possible that WynnBET is aiming for be a mobile-only application, but we’re still waiting for Wynn to advance their product plans.
When you’re using any online sportsbook in the U.S., you need to make sure location services are enabled on your iOS or Android apps before making a wager. In fact, most apps will outright boot you unless you share your location, as it is a legal requirement to be within the state lines of your preferred sports betting app. That’s why all sports betting apps, including WynnBET, are branded to specific state jurisdictions.
The WynnBET app is approved by the designated regulatory authority in each of its areas of operation, such as the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement in the Garden State. When registering, you will be asked to share personal details — to help protect your identity — in order to finalize your account and start wagering. As these apps are regulated by state legislative bodies, you can be sure your information is in safe hands. Remember, you must be 21 or older to use this app, and keep location services enabled whenever you are wagering using WynnBET.
A note about your browser!
Two of our sportsbook testers using Android phones were unable to download the WynnBET .apk through the website. The package simply wouldn’t download. However, switching to a Safari browser allowed the download. We will amend this section if/when this issue is resolved.
A note about “self-exclusion”
All gambling providers in the U.S. are required to allow bettors to place limits on their activity. This includes putting spending limits or time limits on your account or excluding yourself from betting altogether. If you’ve excluded yourself from betting in the state in which you’re playing, logically, you won’t be able to open or access a sportsbook account until that exclusion period is over.
Once you’re on WynnBET, you’ll have access to a variety of bets, including:
- Totals (number of points scored, also known as the “over/under”)
- Point spreads (point difference between two competitors)
- Moneyline (overall winner)
- Parlays (where you spread your risk over multiple bets, can be done across multiple sports)
- Futures (bets on future events)
- Live betting (wagering on games/matches already in progress)
- Round Robin (a way of compiling parlay bets, not for beginners)
The WynnBET sportsbook is a fine app, providing good odds in a legible and functional package. It’s got just enough features and sports to keep the average bettor engaged, but there is a bit of room for improvement when it comes to available sports markets and extra features specific to sports betting.
WynnBET provides users with access to casino games (in states where this is legal, such as New Jersey and Michigan), including live dealer games, but the sports betting section is a bit lackluster. Still, sports bettors looking for an app with decent odds and a fair selection of available contests will be relatively happy with WynnBET.
WynnBET Online Sportsbook Mobile App
- Availability: The WynnBET mobile sports app is available for Android and iOS devices. At the moment, there is no desktop version of the WynnBET service, but that may be a possibility in the near future as WynnBET goes live in more areas.
- Speed: Largely dependent on the stability of your internet connection, the WynnBET app performed well both on data and wireless connections. However, the app did sometimes have issues loading new games with a full bet-slip (3 or more legs).
- Stability: The app didn’t have any issues with crashes or properly accessing location services.
- Appearance: Clean and concise, the app has a modern-feeling design that isn’t too crowded.
- Navigation: While built like a modern sportsbook, the navigation of WynnBET leaves a bit to be desired. We have seen more intuitive dynamic betslips on other contemporary apps. The search function pulls up teams but not player names (props).
- Responsiveness: The app is super responsive to touch.
- Bet slip building: As mentioned previously, the bet slip building is dynamic, but can be a bit confusing because not all your bet options are listed on the slip, but instead are nested in the matches themselves. On the positive side, though, the ability to reverse-figure your bets by “amount to win” is novel and sometimes useful. If you want to remove a leg from your bet-slip, click “edit” and then hit the red “X” button to the left of the pick.
- Any crossover with casino/DFS: WynnBET has an extensive casino section — again, in states where online gaming is permitted.
The mobile app for WynnBET is the only way to access the sports betting features offered by this operator. Users can download the app from the App Store or the mobile version of the website, as dictated by the step-by-step a bit later in this review.
After taking the app for a spin, we’ve found that the app is relatively limited with regards to markets and sports betting features. If you’re looking for an uncomplicated sports betting platform with decent odds, WynnBET will do the job.
As previously mentioned, there isn’t a way to access the WynnBET service directly from a browser window. Therefore, at the moment, the app is only available for use on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets running up-to-date versions of iOS or Android operating systems. It’s possible that WynnBET will implement desktop support as they roll out their offered apps in other states, but that remains to be seen.
Creating a WynnBET Sportsboook Account
- Click the promo links on this page (check the top) to visit the the WynnBET app website using your mobile device.
- From there, you will be directed to the App Store for iOS devices. Or if you’re using an Android device, you will need to download and install the .APK from the WynnBET website manually– look for the “Download for Android” button. When prompted, check the box to “enable this download from an unknown source”. Don’t worry– the app is secure and regulated by the state, so it’s safe.
- Enter your personal details, including your preferred email, password, address, security questions, and the last four digits of your SSN.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, including confirming that you’re of legal gambling age and have no constraints to wagering in casinos or sportsbooks (this also includes those who have voluntarily “self-excluded”).
- Tap “Complete Registration” and your account is created. Remember to enable location sharing when wagering. Make sure you have navigated to this point through the links on this page in order to claim the bonus.
Pricing and Betting Options at WynnBET Sportsbook
You’ll have plenty of bet types available with WynnBET, including:
- Bets on point totals in college and pro sports
- Futures bets like “who will win the 2020 Masters PGA tournament”
- Chances for your France Ligue 1 team to win or tie
- Live bets are sometimes available– place bets as the match unfolds
- Round Robins and Parlays are easy to figure on the dynamic betslip
As far as pricing goes, let’s compare WynnBET with another well-known NJ sportsbook, BetMGM. We’ll use a random collegiate game as an example, Kent State vs. Bowling Green:
|Spread Bet Odds - WynnBET||Spread Bet Odds- BetMGM||Moneyline Bet Odds- WynnBET||Moneyline Bet Odds- BetMGM||Total Bet Odds - WynnBET||Total Bet Odds - BetMGM|
Say you make a moneyline bet of $100 for Kent State on WynnBET: you can expect a slightly better payout on Wynn than you could on MGM. Same goes for the spread bets, which have slightly better odds on WynnBET than on BetMGM.
This is just one example, but we’ve noticed more favorable pricing in several pro and collegiate sports. Across many markets, WynnBET’s odds are competitive and worth checking out.
Here are the betting markets available on WynnBET:
We’re hoping that, once WynnBET is finished with the recent spate of state releases, they’ll focus on offering new betting markets and beefing up their offering of live bets; this effort is already obviously underway, as we recently observed a good number of in-game alternative lines and totals on quarters, halves and player props across a 7-game slate of NBA contests.
Player/game props need improvement
One of our biggest disappointments and criticisms is a very limited markets for player and game props. On a Wednesday before a Thursday Night Football, competitors including FanDuel and DraftKings have a bevy of player prop markets including rushing yards, passing yards, receptions, first touchdown scorer, winning margin, even kicking props. WynnBET has the very basics — first quarter and first half spreads and totals. But that’s it. Probably there is a very limited menu coming closer toward kickoff, and they’re also slow to post.
WynnBET has got to open up the playbook on this front before it can expect to rival the big boys.
For current and expectant users, there is no loyalty program available at this time. However, users of the Wynn Mobile Sports app in Nevada are required to sign up for the Wynn Red Card rewards program when registering for the online sportsbook in NV.
This is good news for two reasons. First, it’s likely that Wynn Mobile Sports will become WynnBET in Nevada, being that Nevada is the only holdout not rebranding or releasing an updated version of the Wynn app in partnership with BetBull. We’re hopeful that this change will take place to keep things consistent with regards to brand and infrastructure. Secondly, the existence of the Wynn Red Card rewards program at WynnBET’s flagship resort casino means that adding the loyalty program to the app isn’t out of the realm of possibility.P
Deposits and Withdrawals at WynnBET
WynnBET right now offers a decent amount of payment methods for making sporsbook deposits and withdrawals to and from your WynnBET account. As with most online sportsbooks in the U.S., your options for withdrawal are more limited than those for depositing, and expect brief wait times when withdrawing winnings from your account.
Of specific interest is the Play+ card, quickly becoming a standard with sportsbooks in the U.S. With the Play+ card as an intermediary, you can fund your sportsbook account, use services like PayPal to withdraw from or add funds to your Play+ card, and use the card itself as debit. Until WynnBET adds support for other payment methods, the Play+ prepaid card is a versatile substitute.
Deposit options at WynnBET:
- ACH/eCheck (VIP Preferred)
- Online Banking
- Play+ Card
- Deposit at the casino cage (depending on your state; available at Caesars Casino in Atlantic City in NJ)
Withdrawal options at WynnBET:
- ACH/eCheck (VIP Preferred)
- Online Banking
- Play+ Card
- Withdrawal at the casino cage (depending on your state)
Though this is a relatively limited list, we’re hoping that, as WynnBET rolls out in other states, we can see the addition of payment methods like PayNearMe. Still, as previously mentioned, the Play+ card is a well-functioning intermediary, and does have a bit more options than WynnBET alone.
The WynnBET customer support experience is above average. On the plus side, WynnBET offers phone, email, and live chat options. The latter, live chat, is always a good sign– having live chat options are an indicator that an operator is attempting to give users the ability to get hands-on support when it’s convenient for them. Though live chat representatives were not as responsive as we would have hoped, concerns about account maintenance and payment were responded to pretty quickly. If you have a more detailed issue, it’s best to reach out to the phone support team or send them an email.
More about WynnBET
We’d like to see a sportsbook operator more fully flesh out their promotions, available markets, and betting choices before trying to “fight a war on two fronts” by additionally offering casino gaming.
If you dabble into the online casino in available states, the selection of games is competitive with most online casinos in the U.S., and the addition of Live Dealer games is something we always look for in a modern online casino that wants to offer its users the most immersive experience possible.
Wynn has invested a lot of money recently into the sportsbook space as it looks to rival the likes of DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM and William Hill, which have a big head start in multiple U.S. jurisdictions. There’s a lot of ground to make up but the backbone of a solid betting app is there.
- In which states is WynnBET sportsbook available?
- Key differences between state markets for WynnBET
- WynnBET Bonus Package
- WynnBET Online Sportsbook Basics
- WynnBET Online Sportsbook Mobile App
- Creating a WynnBET Sportsboook Account
- Pricing and Betting Options at WynnBET Sportsbook
- Sportsbook Loyalty/Rewards
- Deposits and Withdrawals at WynnBET
- Customer Support
- More about WynnBET