Update: WynnBET announced on August 11th that it would be reducing the markets for their sportsbook. As a result, WynnBET will cease operations in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Louisiana, New Jersey, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Wynn will continue to operate as usual in Nevada and Massachusetts, and is reviewing its operation in both Michigan and New York.
Wynn has been a respected brand in Nevada since 2005, offering casino betting, horse racing, and sports betting to a sophisticated audience. Often receiving high marks from reviewers and patrons, this brand was also one of the first to release an online casino app when online betting became legal in Nevada.
The WynnBET service is the updated version of Wynn Resorts Limited’s online sports betting provider. Today, new and experienced bettors can try the legal and regulated WynnBET service in Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, and Nevada. We’ll dive into a thorough examination of the app and its features, while doing the legwork to inform readers when they can expect WynnBET to release a betting app in their state — with a sportsbook welcome bonus available.
In which states is WynnBET sportsbook available?
|State||State Partner(s)||Launch Date|
|Arizona||San Carlos Apache Tribe||CEASED OPERATIONS|
|Colorado||Full House Resorts||CEASED OPERATIONS|
|Indiana||Full House Resorts||CEASED OPERATIONS|
|Louisiana||Horseshoe Casino Bossier City||CEASED OPERATIONS|
|Massachusetts||Encore Boston Harbor||March 10, 2023|
|Michigan||Kewadin Casino (Hessel)||Jan. 21, 2021|
|New Jersey||Caesars AC||CEASED OPERATIONS|
|New York||NYGC||February 4, 2022|
|Tennessee||N/A (online only)||CEASED OPERATIONS|
|West Virginia||Delaware North||CEASED OPERATIONS|
WynnBET came out of the gates quickly, aggressively pursuing expansion all across the U.S. At its peak, WynnBET was available in NV, CO, MI, NJ, VA, TN, IN, AZ, NY, LA, MA, and WV. Wynn Resorts finalized a partnership with the EU-based betting tech firm BetBull to provide a framework for the WynnBET online sportsbook brand in New Jersey and beyond. This partnership, part of Wynn Sports Interactive, was the driving force behind future versions of the WynnBET app in other states. Scientific Games, one of the US’s top iGaming design firms, also had a hand in the design and implementation of these apps. The tech group GAN is involved at least in Wynn’s Michigan product, as well.
Wynn Resorts (known as WSI US, LLC) entered an agreement with Full House Resorts in late 2019 to offer a mobile sports wagering platform in both Indiana and Colorado. Wynn hit the market soon after in Tennessee, too.
WynnBET pulls back, withdraws from states
In a surprise move Wynn Resorts, Limited announced on August 11th that they were withdrawing the WynnBET sports betting platform from AZ, CO, IN, LA, NJ, TN, VA, and WV. Further, both Michigan and New York are being placed “under review”, leaving their futures very much in question.
The only states that will continue operations unchanged with WynnBET are Nevada and Massachusetts.
Key differences between state markets for WynnBET
- New York prohibits wagering on in-state college teams.
- Despite New York preventing players from betting on local college teams, they left a stipulation in the law that allows wagering on collegiate events that take place in New York and involve two teams from out of state, unlike New Jersey. Furthermore, games that take place in New York for bigger events such as the NCAA Tournament will not be blocked off, regardless of who is playing in the game.
- WynnBET New York does not allow any betting on props for collegiate athletic events.
- Massachusetts bettors won’t be able to bet on Mass-based college teams. If they are playing in a tournament, however, with more than four teams – you can. This stipulation is one of the more particular that we’ve seen in the legal US betting market.
WynnBET Bonus – Bet $20, Get $100 Bet Credit
After signing up for a new WynnBET account and making your first deposit, you will have the opportunity to bet just $20 and pocket $100 free. No WynnBET Sportsbook promo code is required to claim this offer.
|WynnBET Promo Code||No Code Required|
|WynnBET Bonus Offer||Bet $20, Get $100 in Bet Credits|
|Bonus Valid||September 2023|
The way this works is as follows:
- Step 1, Opt-in for the promotion via the WynnBET promotions page. You must opt-in to claim the promo.
- Step 2, Make your first qualifying deposit of at least $20+.
- Step 3, place a wager of at least $20 with odds of -120 or greater.
- Step 4, collect $100 in bet credits – it’s that simple.
The bet credits will be distributed in increments of $50 and the first will arrive within 24 hours of your first wager settling. You will then receive another $50 bet credit once per week until you have received the full $100. Bet credits from WynnBET typically expire 10 days after issuance, so always keep track of the expiration date and be sure to use them before it’s too late!
WynnBET Massachusetts – Bet $20, Get $100 in Bonus Bets
The promotional offer that is currently available in the state of Massachusetts is different than the offer that the brand is currently using in other states. Massachusetts sports bettors can register, make qualifying deposit, and bet $20 (min. odds -120 or longer) to receive $100 in bonus bets – regardless of the outcome. Bonus will be awarded as one single-use credit. The bet credit will expire within 10 days if unused.
If you or a loved one is experiencing problems with gambling, call (800)-327-5050 for 24/7 support. Terms and conditions at bet.WynnBET.com. Must be 21 or older to participate Present in MA. Get set before you bet – talk to GameSense first! LiveChat @ GameSenseMA.com or call 1-800-GAM-1234.
WynnBET Online Sportsbook Basics
The WynnBET online sportsbook is an example of a decent modern sportsbook that could be a bit more focused. Offering a decent set of promotions is fine, but an app will really shine if it has two qualities: ease of use and a good variety of gaming options. WynnBET offers both to varying degrees, and is perhaps best suited to the more casual, intermediately skilled sports bettor. There are a few areas in which the app could improve its services for sports bettors specifically, but for the most part functions well for the average bettor.
When you’re using any online sportsbook in the U.S., you need to make sure location services are enabled on your iOS or Android devices and apps before making a wager. In fact, most apps will outright boot you unless you share your location, as it is a legal requirement to be within the state lines of your preferred sports betting app. That’s why all sports betting apps, including WynnBET, are branded to specific state jurisdictions.
The WynnBET app is approved by the designated regulatory authority in each of its areas of operation, such as the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement in the Garden State. When registering, you will be asked to share personal details — to help protect your identity — in order to finalize your account and start wagering. As these apps are regulated by state legislative bodies, you can be sure your information is in safe hands. Remember, you must be 21 or older to use this app, and keep location services enabled whenever you are wagering using WynnBET.
A note about “self-exclusion”
All gambling providers in the U.S. are required to allow bettors to place limits on their activity. This includes putting spending limits or time limits on your account or excluding yourself from betting altogether. If you’ve excluded yourself from betting in the state in which you’re playing, logically, you won’t be able to open or access a sportsbook account until that exclusion period is over.
WynnBET Online Sportsbook Mobile App
- Availability: The WynnBET mobile sportsook app is available for Android and iOS devices and on desktop through their website.
- Speed: Largely dependent on the stability of your internet connection, the WynnBET mobile app performed well both on data and wireless connections. However, the app did sometimes have issues loading new games with a full bet slip (3 or more legs).
- Stability: The app didn’t have any issues with crashes or properly accessing location services.
- Appearance: Clean and concise, the app has a modern-feeling design that isn’t too crowded.
- Navigation: While built like a modern sportsbook, the navigation of WynnBET leaves a bit to be desired. We have seen more intuitive dynamic bet slips on other contemporary apps. The search function pulls up teams but not player names (props).
- Responsiveness: The app is super responsive to touch.
- Bet slip building: As mentioned previously, the bet slip building is dynamic, but can be a bit confusing because not all your bet options are listed on the slip, but instead are nested in the matches themselves. On the positive side, though, the ability to reverse-figure your bets by “amount to win” is novel and sometimes useful. If you want to remove a leg from your bet-slip, simply swipe on it and then hit the red “Delete” button to the right of the pick.
- Crossover with casino: WynnBET has an extensive casino section in states where online gaming is permitted.
WynnBET sportsbook is a fine app, providing strong odds in a legible and functional package. It’s got just enough features and sports to keep the average bettor engaged, but there is a bit of room for improvement when it comes to available sports markets and extra features specific to sports betting.
WynnBET’s web-based desktop client is a phenomenal representation of the brand and their mobile app. The desktop site features the same home screen as the mobile app, with a little extra space on each side. The left side of the screen on desktop is occupied by the ‘Search’ menu that lists all sports markets from A to Z, while the ‘Betslip’ on the right side remains vacant for any potential selections. All in all, the desktop website does a fantastic job of utilizing the extra space while not taking too much away from the product itself. WynnBET’s desktop website is fully operational and mirrors each and every function that can be done from the mobile app. At the end of the day, the choice of whether to use the app or website fully comes down to personal preference.
Creating a WynnBET Sportsboook Account
- Click the promo links on this page (check the top) to visit the the WynnBET app or website.
- From there, you will be directed to the App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android devices, if using mobile.
- Enter your personal details, including your preferred username, email address, password, full name, phone number, home address, security questions, and the last four digits of your SSN.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, including confirming that you’re of legal gambling age and have no constraints to wagering in casinos or sportsbooks (this also includes those who have voluntarily “self-excluded”).
- Tap “Complete Registration” and your account is created. Remember to enable location sharing when wagering. Make sure you have navigated the app or website through the links on this page in order to claim the bonus.
Pricing and Betting Options at WynnBET Sportsbook
Once you’re on WynnBET’s platforms, you’ll have access to a variety of bet types, including:
- Totals (number of points scored, also known as the “over/under”)
- Point spreads (point difference between two competitors)
- Moneyline (overall winner)
- Parlays (where you spread your risk over multiple bets, can be done across multiple sports)
- Futures (bets on future events)
- Player props (bets on player statistics and individual outcomes)
- Live betting (wagering on games/matches already in progress)
- Round Robin (a way of compiling parlay bets, not for beginners)
WynnBET also offers a strong selection of sports markets, including but not limited to the following:
We’re hoping that once WynnBET is finished with their recent spate of state releases, they’ll focus on offering new betting markets along with beefing up their selection of live bets. This effort is already obviously underway, as we recently observed a good number of in-game alternative lines and player props across a full slate of MLB action.
Player/game props need improvement
One of our biggest disappointments and criticisms is a very limited market for player and game props. On a Wednesday before a Thursday Night Football contest, competitors including FanDuel and DraftKings have a bevy of player prop markets available including rushing yards, passing yards, receptions, first touchdown scorer, winning margin, and even kicking props. WynnBET has the very basics – but that’s about it. Their menu is extremely limited and they’re on the slower side when it comes to posting player props.
WynnBET has got to open up the playbook on this front before it can expect to rival the big boys.
Current and expectant WynnBET users can earn rewards simply by placing wagers on sports and in the casino. WynnBET’s rewards program is broken down into three tiers: Red, Platinum, and Black. All new users will start out as Red and can work their way up over the course of the calendar year. Platinum status can be achieved by accumulating at least 7,000 tier credits, while Black status will take 10x as much at 70,000.
While placing action with WynnBET, players will rack up two redeemable forms of loyalty rewards: FREECREDIT and COMPDOLLARS. FREECREDIT is the more important of the two, as it can be used to redeem items from the app’s Reward Store. Ranging from a $5 casino credit to a $100 bet credit on sports, players have tons of options on how exactly they can spend their FREECREDITS. On the other side of things, COMPDOLLARS are only good for hotel discounts and other offers of that nature. If you don’t plan on visiting one of Wynn’s luxurious resorts anytime soon, then COMPDOLLARS probably aren’t going to be much of a concern to you.
Both FREECREDIT and COMPDOLLARS will appear in your account within 24 hours after bet settlement and will expire twelve (12) months after issuance. Use them before you lose them!
Deposits and Withdrawals at WynnBET
At the moment, WynnBET offers a decent amount of options for making deposits and withdrawals to and from your WynnBET account. As with most online sportsbooks in the U.S., your options for withdrawal are more limited than those for depositing, and brief wait times when withdrawing winnings from your account should be expected.
Of specific interest is the Play+ card, quickly becoming a standard with sportsbooks throughout the industry. With the Play+ card as an intermediary, you can use services like PayPal to add funds to your Play+ card and even use the card itself for cash withdrawals at any ATM. Until WynnBET expands its banking options, the Play+ prepaid card is a versatile substitute.
Deposit options at WynnBET:
- ACH/eCheck (VIP Preferred)
- Credit/debit card
- Online Banking
- Play+ Card
- Bank wire transfer
- Deposit at the casino cage (depending on your state; available at Caesars Casino in Atlantic City in NJ)
Withdrawal options at WynnBET:
- ACH/eCheck (VIP Preferred)
- Online Banking
- Play+ Card (ATM only)
- Withdrawal at the casino cage (depending on your state)
Though this is a relatively limited list, we’re hoping that as WynnBET rolls out in other states, we can see the addition of payment methods like PayNearMe. Still, as previously mentioned, the Play+ card is a well-functioning intermediary, and does have a bit more options than WynnBET alone.
The WynnBET customer support experience is above average. On the plus side, WynnBET offers phone, email, and live chat options. The latter, live chat, is always a good sign– having live chat options are an indicator that an operator is attempting to give users the ability to get hands-on support when it’s convenient for them. If you have a more detailed issue, it’s best to reach out to the phone support team or send them an email. Each WynnBET state will have their very own customer support email and phone number which can be accessed at any time by clicking on ‘Support & FAQ.’
More about WynnBET
We’d like to see a sportsbook operator more fully flesh out their promotions, available markets, and betting choices before trying to “fight a war on two fronts” by additionally offering casino gaming.
If you dabble into the online casino in available states, the selection of games is competitive with most online casinos in the U.S., and the addition of Live Dealer games is something we always look for in a modern online casino that wants to offer its users the most immersive experience possible.
Wynn has invested a lot of money recently into the sportsbook space as it looks to rival the likes of DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM and Caesars Sportsbook (formerly William Hill), which have a big head start in multiple U.S. jurisdictions. There’s a lot of ground to make up but the backbone of a solid betting app is there.
Chris Altman has years of experience in online content production and editing. A digital and physical nomad, Chris has spent time writing and working in Europe, South America, and New York City, but now calls Pacific Northwest his home base.
- In which states is WynnBET sportsbook available?
- WynnBET pulls back, withdraws from states
- Key differences between state markets for WynnBET
- WynnBET Bonus – Bet $20, Get $100 Bet Credit
- WynnBET Online Sportsbook Basics
- WynnBET Online Sportsbook Mobile App
- Web-based platform
- Creating a WynnBET Sportsboook Account
- Pricing and Betting Options at WynnBET Sportsbook
- WynnBET Rewards
- Deposits and Withdrawals at WynnBET
- Customer Support
- More about WynnBET